View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003225||OpenFOAM||Bug||public||2019-04-21 10:54||2019-04-21 13:28|
|Reporter||hua ji||Assigned To||henry|
|Fixed in Version||dev|
|Summary||0003225: results are quite different|
I ran the same tutorial case: nozzleflow2d which is located in $FOAM_TUTORIALS/multiphase/interfoam/les/nozzleflow2d with openfoam 5.0 and openfoam 6.0, respectively. However, I got quite different results, as shown below. I think that the results from openfoam 5.0 are more reasonable to me. Does anybody know the reason? Thanks.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
The difference is due to the change in ddtPhiCorrCoeff which was required for some cases running with a VERY small Courant number. However other cases have responded badly to this change and it has been reverted in OpenFOAM-dev pending further testing and development.
To obtain results more similar to those from 5.x upgrade to OpenFOAM-dev.
|2019-04-21 10:54||hua ji||New Issue|
|2019-04-21 10:54||hua ji||File Added: nozzleflow2d_openfoam_5_0.png|
|2019-04-21 10:54||hua ji||File Added: nozzleflow2d_openfoam_6_0.png|
|2019-04-21 11:15||henry||Priority||urgent => low|
|2019-04-21 11:15||henry||Severity||major => minor|
|2019-04-21 11:15||henry||Description Updated|
|2019-04-21 13:28||henry||Assigned To||=> henry|
|2019-04-21 13:28||henry||Status||new => closed|
|2019-04-21 13:28||henry||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2019-04-21 13:28||henry||Fixed in Version||=> dev|
|2019-04-21 13:28||henry||Note Added: 0010436|