|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002423||OpenFOAM||Feature||public||2017-01-07 17:18||2017-01-16 06:54|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||4.x|
|Description||I wonder if there is any particular reason why wallGradU is not in OF4x.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|There is no particular need for it, the more general 'grad' is provided which includes the wall gradient.|
Attached is the tarball 'contrib_bug2423.tar.gz' what provides two scripts for at least two of a few other missing references to utilities that were replaced, by using the existing reference scripts as a base:
Reproduced with "<solverName> -funcs '(R components(turbulenceProperties:R))'"
Reproduced with "postProcess -func 'grad(U)'"
- Can be applied to 4.x and dev
- I used the Copyright year only as it being 2017.
I then checked for OpenFOAM-dev and 'wdot' seemed to be the only other one missing, which is attached in 'contrib_bug2423_dev.tar.gz':
Reproduced with "postProcess -func XiReactionRate"
- 'uprime' and 'pPrime2' are still missing, but I couldn't figure out what they were replaced with exactly and the git history didn't provide detailed comments of what they were replaced with :(
- 'dsmcFieldsCalc' I didn't even bother, because it didn't seem to be used by any tutorials, at least all the way back to 2.0.x.
Resolved in OpenFOAM-dev by commit 80d540765a4b29d7e14af30526df3a797d892635
Resolved in OpenFOAM-4.x by commit d5dd04e0a63b88c2361182a6d74b429692202749
I just would like to point out than when using
postProcess -func 'grad(U)' -noZero
It gives the following warning
--> FOAM Warning : functionObjects::grad grad(U) cannot find required object U of type volScalarField
--> FOAM Warning : functionObjects::grad grad(U) cannot find required object U of type surfaceScalarField
I guess is nothing to worry about as grad(U) is computed, but usually openfoam is very quiet so I worry a little bit when this kind of warnings.
It only warns until it finds what it was looking for... which can be seen here:
- 'foundObject': https://github.com/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-dev/blob/146f7e6beaf592e4b17f606fa9794436be6de32f/src/functionObjects/field/fieldExpression/fieldExpressionTemplates.C#L30
- 'calcGrad': https://github.com/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-dev/blob/146f7e6beaf592e4b17f606fa9794436be6de32f/src/functionObjects/field/grad/gradTemplates.C
- How 'calc' calls 'calcGrad': https://github.com/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-dev/blob/146f7e6beaf592e4b17f606fa9794436be6de32f/src/functionObjects/field/grad/grad.C#L43
@joegi: Given the code listed above, what do you suggest should be done?
Just to let you know that the header of grad(U) is also a little bit confusing. I got something like this:
# xx xy xz yx yy yz zx zy zzgrad(U)_0 grad(U)_1 grad(U)_2 grad(U)_3 grad(U)_4 grad(U)_5 grad(U)_6 grad(U)_7 grad(U)_8
I think the header should be something like this
#x y z grad(U)_0 grad(U)_1 grad(U)_2 grad(U)_3 grad(U)_4 grad(U)_5 grad(U)_6 grad(U)_7 grad(U)_8
@joegi: Sorry... but what exactly are you referring to? How did you get that output?
I ask this because running <tt>postProcess -func 'grad(U)'</tt> only writes the 'grad(U)' field!
|my bad, that is the output of a surface sampling of grad(U).|
|2017-01-07 17:18||joegi||New Issue|
|2017-01-07 17:37||henry||Note Added: 0007605|
|2017-01-08 23:49||wyldckat||File Added: contrib_bug2423.tar.gz|
|2017-01-08 23:49||wyldckat||Note Added: 0007608|
|2017-01-08 23:49||wyldckat||File Added: contrib_bug2423_dev.tar.gz|
|2017-01-08 23:49||wyldckat||Assigned To||=> henry|
|2017-01-08 23:49||wyldckat||Status||new => assigned|
|2017-01-09 14:39||henry||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2017-01-09 14:39||henry||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2017-01-09 14:39||henry||Fixed in Version||=> 4.x|
|2017-01-09 14:39||henry||Note Added: 0007618|
|2017-01-12 18:37||joegi||Status||resolved => feedback|
|2017-01-12 18:37||joegi||Resolution||fixed => reopened|
|2017-01-12 18:37||joegi||Note Added: 0007628|
|2017-01-12 23:49||wyldckat||Note Added: 0007630|
|2017-01-15 19:07||joegi||Note Added: 0007637|
|2017-01-15 19:07||joegi||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2017-01-15 22:37||wyldckat||Note Added: 0007638|
|2017-01-16 06:54||joegi||Note Added: 0007641|