View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002304||OpenFOAM||[All Projects] Bug||public||2016-10-24 18:02||2018-07-10 11:24|
|Status||closed||Resolution||no change required|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0002304: OpenFoam 3.0.0 CentOS7, missing modulefile openmpi-x86_64 after installation|
I am new to Linux and OF and i just tried to install OF 3.0.0 on CentOS 7 by following the instructions in:
Having finished i try to run OF by the 'of300' command. This results in an error:
ModuleCmd_Load.c(213):ERROR:105: Unable to locate a modulefile for 'openmpi-x86_64'
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? When I did step 8 of the installation guide I didn't get any messages at all which kind of surprised me, since the guide says to ignore the error messages. Step 8 is:
module load mpi/openmpi-x86_64 || export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib64/openmpi/bin
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Please let me clarify that the instructions provided at openfoamwiki.net are not at the responsibility of the OpenFOAM Foundation (www.openfoam.org).
Furthermore, the instructions given on that wiki page clearly state that at the start and end of the instructions for CentOS 7.1 that:
Discussion thread where you can ask questions about these steps:
No thread available. Please a create a new thread in the forum: http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-installation/
With this clarification out of the way, the problem on that wiki page is that the last command in step #8 has a typo.
To fix the problem you have right now:
1. Please edit the file "~/.bashrc" and remove the line that starts with "alias of300".
2. Then use the updated command that is now on the wiki (I've fixed the typo) and then run:
or start a new terminal, so that you can get the correct "of300" alias command ready to be used.
If you have any further issues with the instructions on the unofficial wiki, please use the forum, not this bug tracker. If you find bugs with OpenFOAM 3.0... please upgrade to 4.1 ;)
I'm closing this bug report as "no change required".
||Sorry, forgot to mention that the problem was that the correct module to load is "mpi/openmpi-x86_64", not "openmpi-x86_64".|
|2016-10-24 18:02||nra||New Issue|
|2016-10-24 18:02||nra||Tag Attached: openmpi-x86_64|
|2016-10-24 18:02||nra||Tag Attached: Unable to locate a modulefile|
|2016-10-24 23:55||wyldckat||Note Added: 0007061|
|2016-10-24 23:56||wyldckat||Note Added: 0007062|
|2016-10-24 23:56||wyldckat||Assigned To||=> wyldckat|
|2016-10-24 23:56||wyldckat||Status||new => closed|
|2016-10-24 23:56||wyldckat||Resolution||open => no change required|
|2018-07-10 11:23||administrator||Tag Detached: Unable to locate a modulefile|
|2018-07-10 11:24||administrator||Tag Detached: openmpi-x86_64|