View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000321||OpenFOAM||[All Projects] Bug||public||2011-10-22 10:10||2011-11-10 16:41|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0000321: A few typos found on www.openfoam.com and www.openfoam.org|
|Description||I've found a few typos on both websites:|
* On both instructions for Source and Git installations, the section "System Requirements" properly refers to the minimum requirement of Qt 4.6.2; but on the section "Compiling Paraview 3.10.1 and the PV3FoamReader Module" it refers to Qt 3.6.2.
* On the instructions for Git installation, section "Git Software", it's not mentioned that the packages have to be installed with "root permissions". A "sort-of" hint is given in the section "Downloading the Sources" next to it, but newcomers probably won't make the connection.
* The bug report front page http://www.openfoam.com/bugs/ still has the OpenCFD logo.
Secondly, until this page is properly repaired (more specifically mantisbt, if I'm not mistaken), a link for "show the bug tracker in a new window/tab" would be nice for users that browse www.openfoam.com with Firefox >= 4, who get stuck with the iframe "Blocked by Content Security Policy" :(
* You probably already know this, but on the features page - http://www.openfoam.com/features/ - there isn't any link in the list "Solver Capabilities" for DEM in "Particle methods". At least a hint indicating which solvers have this capability would be nice ;)
* On the section "Building the Sources" for the git page, it's a simple copy-paste from the "Source Pack" instructions. For example, the sentence «If you experience difficulties with building the source-pack» relates to the source-pack version, not the git version.
Additional instructions would be welcome for when the latest git pull introduces new files that require a full (or partial) clean rebuild of the affected libraries and/or applications.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2011-10-22 10:10||wyldckat||New Issue|
||Assigned To||=> chris|
||Status||new => assigned|
|2011-11-10 16:41||chris||Note Added: 0000799|
|2011-11-10 16:41||chris||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2011-11-10 16:41||chris||Resolution||open => fixed|